Welcome!

Making my journey through life, but taking you on my stops along the way!





Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Found it in the street!

So when I first moved back in with my parents, I wanted to get a desk so I can have a station for my blogging, creating and to keep myself organized. But since my room is smaller, I decided against spending the money on something I don't really have room for. BUT when things are free, how can you say no??

A few days ago, I was driving and I saw a desk on the side of the road. I pulled over, and aside from minor water damage making the sides chip off, it was in great shape! I checked it out, and tried to finagle it into my car. I have a Ford Focus, and had to leave my trunk open while I drove back to my house. While shifting it into the trunk, 11 cents fell out of a drawer, so I made money on this deal.. well, not really. I shoved it in my car and brought it home. Then, I had to go to Home Depot to pick up new wood for the sides, and as I turned off my street I thought, "Now all I need is to buy a chair" and low and behold, some person making some room in their house, and put a perfectly good chair on the curb for a lucky little DIY-er like me. The chair, had a few spider sacks, YUCK, and seriously needed a new cushion, but was perfect for my new street desk set!

I thanked the gods for shining on me and stuck the chair in my car and went on my way! Ever heard of 'ask and yee shall receive' well after I found the chair, I asked for $100, nothing. I guess it's selective grants..

So I got home, did my sanding and started painting the desk. For the chair, I decided to attempt to spray paint it instead of painting with a brush. This was going to make it go faster, especially because I'm heading deeper into December and going to run out of nice days to paint. And just like that, the sun went down, and it started to rain.

I was SO excited to find this, because I truly believe having a desk gets those creative juices flowing and I can't wait to get crafting and finish my Christmas presents, my wrapping and work on my wedding things!

Have you found anything in the street? What do you think about the importance of a desk? Do you have your own creative space??

Stay tuned, Stay crafty and Stay searching!

No comments:

Post a Comment